Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/3/12...IT HAPPENS FAST! ..FALL!..BAM..OUCH!

IF you are over 70 you remember Fiber McGee and Mollie?  He would open the closet door and everything would jump out and we would all laugh!  Then we would say, "Taint funny McGee!"  We were out last night and meet a lovely couple.  In many ways a reflection of us.  Except!  She begins physical therapy today.  She broke her back.  She was on a small kitchen ladder.  This lovely lady told me her husband recently had a stroke.  These are all the things we all shudder about.  Spoke with another dear friend and she fell as she was putting on her bathing suit.  Her legs, just went out from under her.  We are what people write about, vulnerable.  We are: it happens fast!  We are bam!  We are ouch!  Except, now in real life, we say,  "Taint funny McGee!"  I must,  Bill must and you must exercises those glutes and walk.  When you do walk, look at your feet and see if they are straight, if not reposition your self!  Straighten up and fly right!  Try walking a straight line in your house, perhaps following the tile line.  That will check your balance and let you know how your glutes are getting along!  Also my other trick is when I am working in the kitchen, I put my finger tips  of one hand on the counter: and put the leg away from the counter in a bent position in back of me, then bring it forward..Dangle this leg front and back and from side to side.  This will also tell you how your balance is and how those famous glutes are doing!  Gee!  I am sure in many ways I am as funny as Fiber McGee..or would I be Mollie? Hugs, phyllis   05/06/1933   Please leave your comments, tell me about your balance level..or how you do this and that! Hit the red comment word, instead of me!   www.women70andover.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment