Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/13/12. Maybe Home or Hospital..Yes? N o..??

This has been fun? Some of it? Difficult YES? Hospital staff came In several times and said the surgeon will be here to sign you out this morning. NO..his associate came in and looked at the red liquid in my drains from the surgery area..and said you will have to stay until these run clear. OK, I can do that. I had just come in from a 30 minute walk around the halls. At the next moment Ann and Gordon appear with their guitar and gifts and flowers and chocolate covered cherries. A second later Millie and Cecil come. Millie looking like a beauty queen..spiffy outfit..They are 92. Then Bill and Lauran, my daughter come. I grabbed my tether pole, with wheels that my IV is connected to. The room was crowded so I said l ets go to the classy seating area with a view of Daytona. We would have good good place for Ann and Gordon to sing stuff like "CRY ME A RIVER". Ann and Gordon are neighbors and good good friends. Then Millie asked for our Han d writing sanple. She reads hand writing. Millie can then tell you abo,it your personality. I chose that moment to schlep my pole with the IV attached to the nurses station to get the needles out,leaving me with a NO BOOB bandage and a pump the size of a cant elope clinging from the injured area delivering a magic potion..that takes the pain away. The nurse kills me pulling the bandages off. Then BAM! Out comes this needle! Another bandage.. I look down and I am bleeding from the NO Boob spot. On my shirt. Another caves in to blood. I asked the nurse.."what's going on".. Nothing. It' going to hit my new shorts. She runs and g ets another bandaid..larger than the one before. Nurse reads me my instructions. I look down and I see bright. Red through all these Bandages. The nurse runs again and comes back with something that looks like a small towel and more tape on the running blood. The wheel chair comes and I am going home. Let me get out of here while the getting is good. in the midst of all this Bill who is STONE DEAF with hearing aids continues not to be able to hear what I say to him..He has been deaf most of his li fe..like his MOM..My voice gives out. I only have. One working vocal cord. this happened when I was 32 and had thyroid cancer..the surgeon cut the nerve to one vocal cord. Now I am 79 and the good cord wants a rest. That's minor. I say to myself get on with it. Lady get in the bed at home and use the chai board Esther and Jerry gave you in March..try communicating with Bill this way..Soooooo That is my day..The bed feels good one day and a half..surgery. hugs, Phyllis 05/06/1933 Come on email me with your comments. HEaven knows I need it. Phyllisreh@aol.com Www.womem70 Andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment