Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7/10/12.Drumroll, Camera, Surgery Tomorrow 7/11

It took alot of appointments, xrays, reading, breast support groups. Hearing personal stories of brave women who survived breast cancer.  Their pain, their delving, tricks of finding a natural pill to give them more energy after radiation. Women that go to work during all these processes.  I got my strenght from all the books, diagrams, exercises, Bill's open heart surgery in the midst of all of this.  Seeing people of all sorts work hard at physical therapy.  Seeing the grace of God and going to services, listening to Rabbi's and talks about how people get from one square to another.  Remembering when I was five years old and playing with some puppies at a neighbor's house.  My Mom yelled it was time to come home.  I opened the door and found our kitchen table pulled up to the sink.  My Mom told me to climb up and lay down.  I did.  A man was there he was a doctor.  I was about to have my tonsils out!  My Dad was scared for me to have it done, so my Mom made all these arrangements to have it done at home, while my Dad was at work.  I was scared, but I did what was best and what I was told!  When I got up they gave me ice cream and a baby doll in an incubator.!  I was in Heaven!  Now I still do what I am suppose to after reading and learning about my 11 cm Cancer..it must come out left breast and all.  I will go into a healing mode and be able to take my walks, do funny things like eat my veggies, laugh with Bill.  We will look at each other and say...How in the world did we get this far and be so old?  Breast Cancer and Open Heart Surgery 4 by-passes/  Learning to walk all over again.  We must NEVER STOP LEARNING..We have ingredients and love in us from our pasts.  We are gems with the support of family and friends.  Bring on the veggie soup!  Here I come and don't forget the ice cream! Cheers! Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933   please send comments to phyllisreh@aol.com   or click the red comment button below   www.women70andover.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment