Saturday, July 7, 2012

7/7/12 MORE TO LEARN! duh! it never stops pr

Good Morning!  Bill is walking Annie this a.m. That shows you two of us are on the ball and the other one me is bringing up the rear.  We learned alot at Dr. Richard Weiss's office yesterday.  What I learned in the waiting room was major!.  A lovely lady was there and looked familiar.  I asked if  I could talk with her and her husband, both she and I felt we knew each other from Breast Support meetings.  She had breast cancer since 2003 and had taken so much Chemo her hip bone on one side was deteriorating and she will need a hip replacement so she will not need a walker and her driving will continue. I could not believe this and was surprised!   The cancer had spread to other areas.  They were both so brave, so kind, so caring.  I wanted to just say...let me take care of you.  I do not know what I would do for you..but be there to help in someway.  Lets get through this.  When I learned she was 59.  I said I have a daughter just two years younger and I fell silent.  This meeting has regrouped me, with the thoughts, we all must do more to understand this disease and stoomp our feet and help, until then go to Breast Support Meetings, if you have cancer or not and give a hug, that is universal and helps, hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933  send your comments to phyllisreh@aol.com     www.women70andover

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to the article about Phyllis in the Daytona News Journal. check it out by highlighting it and right clicking and selecting the go to option

    http://www.news-journalonline.com/lifestyle/health/2012/06/26/daytona-senior-blogs-to-shed-light-on-life-health-issues.html

    ReplyDelete