Monday, July 23, 2012

7/23/12..Medical Progress?? add your comments

When I was 32...a very good year! I had cancer of the thyroid. I got it when I was 12, as I had acne then and the treatment was XRAY'S from the neck up...therefore this group of people who got that treatment...most likely had cancer of the thyroid like me.  The surgeon took the cancer out along with the thyroid and I had a partial radical surgery.  In doing so the nerve to one of the vocal cords  was damaged and the voice affected.  That was 47 years ago. Now at the age of 79, a whizz kid out there in Medical Land , said,  as I whispered my story.  "Say there, Phyllis, you need a speech therapist!"  I looked amazed! Hey, I almost cried in the person's face! Me? get help with my voice?  Sure enough a real speech therapist came over and knew what he was doing. Little did I know if you do these exercises and say words like Ha, He, Ho...that blows wind over the vocal cord area and is help full to your speech.  Of course, you say many more different words prescribed by the speech therapist.  I will not bore you with the details!  I can be helped! Gee! I forgot about the NO BOOB area and healing there for a moment and said, "Ha, He, and Ho, Ho.hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933 come on, comment, p l e a s e! Hit the button. www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment