Friday, August 3, 2012

8/3/2012 This Is The "Get Ready" for Radiation pr

Radiation CT/Simulation

Yesterday was my appointment to get me into the custom treatment positioning into a Vac-Lok Cushions that are molded to my body. They will create a rigid, comfortable cradle around me when a vacuum is drawn though the quick release valve. The cushions are washable and are reusable. I will lie in that “bed” for my daily radiation sessions. My chest was marked with a purple marker in the middle of my chest. Also about two hands down from my left arm pit. Dr. Hechtman did that and he will know exactly where to beam the radiation. It will be given to me in a combination of strengths, mixed together some magical way. Trust me, Dr. Hechtman is a PhD, along with his other degrees. The magical part is, he had the smarts to go to school and learn all this stuff to help little ole me and thousands of other in this awkward position of life. After my appointment on August 7, 2012 I will, I hope, learn if I have healed enough from my surgery to begin these next six weeks and a few days of radiation. To be announced. Hug, phyllis 05/06/1933 please leave a comment ..phyllisreh@aol.com www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment