Friday, August 24, 2012

8/24/12 People Just Plain Need Each Other ! pr

Yesterday after my radiation treatment I went over to Ormond Oncology, the other end of town.  This was my first day as a volunteer in the Chemo department.  I had my brochures in hand I had made telling about the "NoLookDrawing" and some of my work on this.  One young lady, beautiful, just 21 read the brochure and thought it was such a good idea.  She was having an intravenous treatment of some sort. Her Mother was there, almost ringing her hands and pacing back and forth.  She had heard me speak of the art project and thought it was a good idea.  Instead, what they both wanted was to talk of her treatment and what had happened to this lovely girl.  I listened and folded up the art brochure.  They really need so badly to talk and spill out their story.  That was the most important thing.  I smiled and listened and when I left I carried part of them with me.  This is the most important thing in life, people just plain need each other! Hugs,phyllis 05/06/1933

No comments:

Post a Comment