Friday, September 7, 2012

9/7/12 Write it Down get it OUT! pr


The best way for me to get rid of my cancer is to put it on paper!  Get rid of that much of it at this moment!  My team of doctors helps!  Friends help!  I am the one that must put every cell of it out of me.  Right this minute I am in one of the waiting rooms.  Guess what I did at 8 a.m. today?  I went for my bone scan…wrong! The appointment is for tomorrow at 8 a.m.!  I was given  a schedule card and was going to put it in my appointment book..But I got too busy.  So many appointments.  Real life gets in the way.  I see many new patients come in this waiting room today.  You can tell they are new because they need help signing in with their flash ID card that shows their appointment on a monitor and that tells the department they have checked in.  I am in the Oncology Building of Halifax Hospital.  My world for now.  All these people remind me we are in the same mode of learning about our illness.  So far, the best thing I can do is share these thoughts and people with you.  It is also helping me be a volunteer.  When I give a patient a warm blanket as they get their Chemo it is a help to me.  When I bring someone a soda as they wait in a waiting room with a large plastic bag of an assortment of their meds, as they write them down for the nurse, I feel better.  Sharing in some ways, writing, helping someone else is a big help to getting rid of this cancer. Hugs,phyllis  05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment