Thursday, September 6, 2012

9/6/12 The Most Important Part of Radiation pr

This was an exciting day! Radiation was the same type, except when it was over, it was not over! I stayed in the same position on the gurney with my arms up and the radiologist oncologist Dr. Charles Hechtman came in and drew with skill on my No Boob. I knew this was going to happen. They had given me verbal introduction to this part of the procedure. After he was done and went out of the room. The techs added all different shapes to the large round disk that glides over my body. The two of them called out different numbers to each other and made all kinds of calculations. Then they took off that apparatus on the disk and added a different shape one to the large disk. After many more calculations, they swapped another disk and slide a piece of glass in an empty slot. There was no easy push pull and “Phyllis we are done!” Instead, the doctor comes in and angles some tape in a slanted positions. Then they slant the glass in their hands, it is the size of an 8/10 piece of computer paper. They all seemed pleased with that. In a few minutes, they said I could take my arms off the bars over my head. This part of the radiation is an extra precaution over the incision as this is where cancer may recur. As stiff as my arms had become I was thrilled and jumped up with joy, not missing a beat. I could easily balance my way off a cliff by that time. I was free, I tell you free at last! Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933 www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment