Saturday, September 15, 2012

9/15/12 What A Difference! pr


What a difference six months makes! My surgery was diagnosed February 11 2012.  I have come a long way since then.  Bill and I both have.  It has been like taking one of those more than a thousand piece puzzles with tiny pieces and putting them together.  The large puzzle got together with me digesting my diagnosis.  After I did digested that CANCER had come into our lives BAM! Out of the blue Bill has open-heart surgery four bypasses.  Then to focus on him heart and soul.  This meant running back and forth to Wall mart trying to get him fitted with shoes, as his surgery let was so swollen.  I got him a shoe three sizes too big so we could get it on his foot.  The continuing my Wall mart run to get short that would fit him for the gym at the recoup place. His whole body was swollen for about two months after surgery.  His surgery leg is just now relieved so some of the severe swelling.  Then the meals..oh! the meals.  I would pick him up at the recap center, fold the wheel chair up and take him home for lunch that I had prepared before I went to get him. On and on that siege went for about two months.  Then my CANCER mastectomy.  All those days behind us.  Six months have gone by and this morning I am full of energy and walked three miles of my four-mile walk.  I feel so good about it.  To have my energy come back in the middle of my radiation pleases me more than diamonds from Tiffany Bill also did his walk around the loop this morning.  My Dears! We are on the mend! Hugs,phyllis 05/06/1933  www.women70andover.com

1 comment:

  1. You & Bill have come very far in a very short time. You both are an inspiration to others. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete