Friday, September 28, 2012

9/28/12 Nothing Is Really Never Over? pr


Cancer Radiation is over!  Today was the last of it.  Yesterday and today, the radiation disk holding the special glass made just for me was placed over my No Breast, almost tight.  Just like you would get right up to someone’s face, nose to nose.  My arm had to be stretched even higher behind my head and I had to grab the bar, just for each hand to grab. I could feel the radiation beams hitting my muscles in my No Boob area.  It did hurt.  The procedure, once they set you up in your radiation bed goes very fast.  Maybe even under three minutes.  The rib cage under just above my side is very tender, also my chest muscles.  I did it!  That is the main thing!  My wellness journey continues.  I have an appointment with my surgeon next week to be scheduled in January 2013 to have the other healthy breast removed.  We all know the cancer can return there.  Also, it is not comfortable in my clothes with one breast remaining.  I do love the young girl feeling of no bra.  For me it is a sleek feeling.  Dr. Hechtman said it would take about three months for the red skin left from the radiation to go back to my normal skin color.  That is what clothes are for!  Cover up Baby! Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933 www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment