Wednesday, September 19, 2012

1/19/12 Your Health Foundation pr


We are the foundations of our own health!  What do I mean by that?  Walk.  Why?  This can be used as a self-gage for you.  How?  If you walk one mile daily, or the same amount everyday at whatever pace you decide then the next day the object is to do the same thing.  Easy you say!  Yes it can be.  On the other hand, your body can also talk to you and say I just cannot do that.  I want to only walk for five minutes.  This is how your body tries to communicate with you.  For the health of it, I encourage you to find your own body gage.  Why?  You must build up some resistance for your body to when major medical events hit you, you will be able to fight back and be stronger than the average non-walker.  I meet a woman last evening at a function.  She had reason to be upset.  At the end of the month, she will have a shunt put in her arm, for dialysis.  She is a dietetic.  She has had open-heart surgery in the past.  She never had a walking program.  Yes, what works for one person does not work for you next you say.  This could be.  On the other hand, you have not put out great amounts of money to find out.  You have not put out great amounts of time to help yourself.  I feel my daily walking is my gage.  Before I was diagnosed with Cancer, I noticed I would tire when I walked.  My legs would hurt.  These were all signs of something is wrong.  Did I act on it and run to the doctor.  NO!  My humanness got in the way, or my stupidity!  My walking has helped me on my journey for recovery from my mastectomy. Enough! Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment