Friday, August 31, 2012

8/31/12 Volunteering with Chemo Patients pr


We are so different! Sure!  You knew that!  When I have my radiation treatments , it is a snuggling feeling when they cover my feet.  I wear sox and it is cold in the treatment room.  The blanket feels good also.  You sort of feel like you are tucked in and soon you will be out of here.

After counting the tiles on the ceiling I felt my next step for me was to volunteer while patients were getting other treatments.  If they just wanted to chat, or I would show them how to  draw. They will let you know, if they are too tired and want to sleep.  I respect that.   I would have been so grateful, if someone had been with me while I was having radiation.  Of course, this it is not possible for anyone to be in the room with you during this type of treatment.  I am lucky the same thirty-six tiles are on the  ceiling  in my line of vision!  The same Phillips Head Screws are in the large disk over my head!  Just knowing the possibility of perhaps helping someone else going through a similar situation makes me feel better. 

Someone asked, “What in the world do you blog about?” My answer is some of the dumb things you think about when you go for your treatments.  I write about the wonderful early mornings when the moon is out and I have my walks before my treatments.  This makes everything worth-while and gives me energy. Hug, phyllis  05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment