Saturday, August 25, 2012

8/25/12 Something Good To Think About pr


We all think of volunteering somewhere, sometime?  I had my own plan of sharing  drawings in the Oncology department.  Like all other things you think of, you are suddenly taken down a different road. Perhaps a more interesting road.  That is what happened to me.  I was in the waiting room today, waiting

For Bill to pick me up after his physical therapy session.  I got to talking to the Librarian of the cancer materials.  Before I knew it, we became fast friends.  I told her of my volunteer orientation at Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach.  Then a woman went to the desk to check in for her cancer appointment.  She was nervous and scared.  I guess you have to have been there like me to spot this in someone.  So I helped her as much as I could.  I forgot where I was and got a cup of coffee for her, just as if I was home.

I gave her my card and welcomed her as a friend.  She calmed down and even smiled.  Before I knew it, she was even laughing and she felt more comfortable.  It was written all over her sweet face. Gee, that made me feel good.  At that moment, the librarian said she hoped I would volunteer in her department.  Who knows?  I just might do that!  If you want to feel as good as I do..Try volunteering at your local hospital.  Halifax Hospital of Daytona Beach, Fl sure is a good place.  I feel so comfortable there.  Perhaps I would not have known that without getting cancer! Hugs,phyllis 05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment