Saturday, August 4, 2012

8/4/12 Listen to Your Body! pr


                          Your Body Is Talking At YOU! Listen!

What does that mean?  You body is talking at you?  Mine did!  I will now write it down on a pad of paper I will carry in my purse.  Do NOT JUST TAKE two ASPIRINS AN CALL THE DOCTOR IN THE MORNING!

Before I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I would walk in the early mornings and get tired.  I should have written that down.  That was not like my norms. I had to push myself more.  I just passed it off.  Gee!

I could easily blame it on something.  I do not know if they would have found the cancer earlier?  If I would write things down, I would have some sort of medical alerts to talk about when the interest comes in the room and says, “Anything New”.

I am pleased I was given a good “How to get through” radiation booklet.  Here are ways to manage my foods during that time:

Be careful what you eat when your throat is sore.

1.      Choose foods that are easy to swallow.

2.      Cut, blend, or shred foods to make them easier to eat.

3.      Eat moist, soft foods such as cooked cereals, mashed potatoes, and scrambled eggs.

4.      Wet and soften food with gravy, sauce, broth, yogurt, or other liquids.

5.      Drink cool drinks.

6.      Sip drinks through a straw.

7.      Eat foods that are cool or at room temperature.

8.      Eat small meals and snacks.  It may be easier to eat a small amount of food at one time.  Hey! I have heard that one before!  You too?  Do you do it?
If you have trouble in any way with balance, falls, not sleeping well.  Perhaps a little bit cranky. These are all things to talk about on your next doctor visit.  Our bodies are talking to us..Pass on your good word/.Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933  please leave a comment or send an email  phyllisreh@aol.com    www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment