Monday, December 31, 2012

12/31/12 Remembering Nora Ephron 1941-2012 pr

When Harry Met Sally is my favorite film.  In fact, we just saw it again on our cruise.  For me, it was just like the first time.  Before things look bleak, I will see it again.  It lifts the webs of romance from the corners of  my heart.  I have felt many of the feelings of this film in my lifetime.  For this I say thank-you to the spirit of Nora Ephron, the great real creative writer of films and essays.

Nora Ephron, 1941-2012.  She died of cancer, just very recently.  She left many gifts of films of comedy, reality and real life glued together in films we all are able to see over and over.  How bout the list of 12!  Here goes:

Silkwood 1983  Heartburn 1986  When Harry Met Sally 1989  My Blue Heaven  1990  This Is My Life 1992  Sleepless In Seattle  1993 Mixed Nuts 1994  Michael  1996  You've Got Mail  1998  Hanging Up  2000  (done with sister Delia Ephron, who wrote the book)  Bewitched  2005 and Julia & Julia  2006. 

What riches we all have because of this sharp, witty, deep woman.  She gave us lines we wish we could remember!  She dealt with husbands, who did her wrong.  She loved fully. She was a great cook.  She did what her Mama told her!  She has two great son's and a husband who continues to miss and love her.

Me too!  Nora, you did it all with grace and style.  Hand me a klenix I am still crying for the loss you left within me. Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933   phyllisreh@aol.com  www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment