Saturday, September 8, 2012

9/8/12 The Forgotton Mouth pr


We must check ourselves daily!  If you think something is wrong…it is! Yesterday I was brushing my teeth and in the upper left top area of my mouth, I found a small ball in my cheek area.  I called my dentist and they got me in right away.  The dentist squeezed it and liquid come out.  She got me an appointment that minute with an oral surgeon.  It was Friday at lunchtime.  Things do not move fast at that hour with doctor’s appointments.  I was grateful for every one’s quick response.  After waiting two hours for the oral surgeon.  He finished his surgery and examined me.  His assessment was I have a calcium stone lodged in that ball.  This is from the salivary gland adjacent.  He said it might come out on its own.  In the meantime, I am to take a daily antibiotic and see him in five weeks.  In addition, I am to get sugar free lemon drops as this might get the stone to come out.  This is not from the radiation I take five days a week and not from my cancer.  It is from the other millions of things that happen to people seventy and over!  One of the excitements of the day that keeps us running from doctor to doctor.  On the other hand, please take care of yourselves.  Do not just take two aspirins and call the doctor in the morning.  We must be our own medical detectives and get help.Hugs,phyllis 05/06/1933  www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment