Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9/27/12 Are We There Yet? pr


Is it over?  Are we there?  Are we done?  Remember all those things your kids said in the car on a trip?  It seems I am the same.  This must mean I have never grown up.  It is too hard to grow up.  Today is the last day of my Radiation treatments.  Like all good and bad things, the residue of the treatments lingers with me.  I have looked at my No Boob area and try hard to think what it does look like.  It reminds me of a thin wool piece of dark orange red material stretched over this area.  There is no resemblance to skin.  I say to myself as I put the aloe gel on.  ”Phyllis you are a mess!  You poor thing.”  Somehow, this makes me feel better.  Then I put my big cotton tee shirt over it and nobody, but me knows I am this mess.  Hugs,phyllis 05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment