Saturday, September 22, 2012

9/22/12 Good OR Bad? pr


Arimidex (Arimidex 1mg)  I take one pill daily.

This is the medicine I take to prevent the cancer tumors reoccurring in my body. I will be on this medicine for five years. The side effects I have are:

Arthritis, headaches, hot flushes, joint pain and stiffness, bone pain, loss of sleep. Thank heaven these are my only side effects.  I have learned to live with them with style and grace!  When I have joint pain ect. I say, “Phyllis, just walk like you do not hurt! I do and I am able to walk the pain away, like it never bothered me.”  (until the next time!) Trust me!  I know I am very lucky.  I could be sitting in a Chemo chair with I.V. medicene dripping in me, instead I have quality of life.  Walking daily, full of energy, time to volunteer at the Chemo center at Halifax Hospital in Ormond and Daytona Beach, write my blog, draw, bake and cook, read, do research of my writings, enjoy movies and my kind husband, my support center and friends and family and the heavens above.  For me that’s a lot to be thankful for and I think a lot of things are funny, cancer not being one of them, instead my dog Annie makes me laugh and Woody Allan and most of all I laugh at myself! Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com comments? Send to phyllisreh@aol.com

Side effects

Information specific to: Arimidex 1mg tablets when used in Breast cancers.
Side-effects
A medicine is only made available to the public if the clinical trials have shown that the benefits of taking the medicine outweigh the risks.
Some side-effects may be serious while others may only be a mild inconvenience.
Everyone's reaction to a medicine is different. It is difficult to predict which side-effects you will have from taking a particular medicine, or whether you will have any side-effects at all. The important thing is to tell your prescriber or pharmacist if you are having problems with your medicine.
Very common: More than 1 in 10 people who take Arimidex
  • arthritis
  • headaches
  • hot flushes
  • joint pain or stiffness
  • nausea
  • osteoporosis
  • skin rash or rashes
  • weakness
Common: More than 1 in 100 people who take Arimidex
  • abnormal laboratory test results
  • allergic reactions
  • bone pain
  • carpal tunnel syndrome
  • diarrhoea
  • hair loss
  • high levels of cholesterol in the blood
  • loss of appetite
  • sleepiness
  • vaginal bleeding - seek medical advice if bleeding is persistent
  • vaginal dryness
  • vomiting
Uncommon: More than 1 in 1000 people who take Arimidex
  • liver problems
  • trigger finger
  • urticaria

 

No comments:

Post a Comment