Monday, September 10, 2012

9/10/12 Hey! I Have No Breast CANCER pr

Wrong! Wrong!  Spoke with my friend and she told me the conversation with two other women who are seventy-nine.  They were doing the “what-if game”, that means if they should get cancer what they would do about it and that is NOTHING!  These are intelligent women, with many life’s experiences that choose to do NOTHING if cancer should come their way.  In fact, they are going to stop having mammograms. Just let it happen.  I got so upset!  I almost jumped through the phone.  I am astonished to think with all the pink emblems and talk of cancer of all types, men and women, people would take care of themselves better? The idea “It cannot happen to me!” Is for idiots. Although when I bring to mind of a friend, my age, seventy-nine.  She refuses to go to a doctor and says she will take what comes.  How can denial be so strong with people that care enough about themselves to stop at a stop sign?  Take an umbrella when it rains.  Take care of husbands and children.  Do many tasks all day long of all sorts and not take care of themselves?  I am trying to make sense of it.  I cannot.  Please help me if you can.  Surely, you have the answer for these people.  I feel like stopping everyone I see and say, “Hey! I am two months out of cancer breast mastectomy, please take care of yourself, get a mammogram, and check your breast.  Stop Look and Listen!” I truly have done this!  So far, they have not locked me up. I must run for cover! Hugs,phyllis  05/06/1933   www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment