Thursday, April 26, 2012

4/26/12 OPEN HEART SURGERY! perfect! BILL

Bill and Dr. Bradley Litke, heart surgeon and his strong team got him through this with the heavens above! His nurse called me every hour 1/2 to give me updates of his progress from surgery.  What a help that was for me..I got to the hospital at 6 a.m. and got to see Bill.  Of course, he was in good spirits, joking around about how good Apple stock did!  My friend and support system Morrisa was there with me.  What a help it is to have a good friend with you.  It was very calming for me. I did get to see Bill after surgery just for moments. They take such good care of him in ICU..with two nurses working on him every minute.  I went home and got two hours of sleep then was able to go back to the hospital after I got permission from his team.  At that point the ventilator was out of his mouth and he was awake..and very sleepy.  The report good! No problems..he will recuperate at home for three months..and be very tired and want to sleep alot and eat little.  Sounds like a good life..I need to try it!
I must rush off for my oncology appt. in a few minutes. Thanks and hugs to all..we are doing great!  What a birthday present I got..my Bill..phyllis    www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment