WORKING on NO FALLS..One of the best ways at home, I find and do are chair squats .They are multi-joint exercises that hit the muscles of the hips, glutes and thighs. No weights or equipment , other than a chair is needed. This mimics the movements we do and helps with our balance.
1. You need a chair behind you and stand in front of it with feet about hip-shourlder width apart.
2. Contract your belly and keep them tight as you bend the knees and slowly squat towards the chair.
3. Keep the jnees behing the toes as you sit down on the chair for a few seconds.
4. Contract the glutes and hamstrings to lift up out of the chair and begin extending the legs.
5. Fully extend the legs until you are back to standing position.
6. Repeat this for 1-3 sets of 10-16 repetitions.
7. To progress, squat down until you are just hovering over the chair, but not sitting all the way down.
8. Always keep the knees in the line with the toes!
All excercises : Ask your doctor first! This excercise is one I do daily. Your glutes are the core of you body protection that helps with balance and I hope keeps us from falls. Hugs, phyllis 05/06/1933 use the comment button, otherwise email@example.com...give permission to print, if you like. No phone numbers or email address or websites will be printed from your comments. www.women70andover.com hit the blog button.