Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) so far this is what I know

nvasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC)
Invasive lobular carcinoma develops in the milk-producing glands (lobules)of the breast. ILC has the ability to spread to other parts of the body, (most commonly bone, brain, liver, and lungs) either through the bloodstream or the lymphatic system. ILC usually presents as an abnormal feeling breast (most often a thickening) and not as a hard mass that can be felt. ILC is less likely to show up on a mammogram.
Women over the age of 40 have an increased risk of developing invasive lobular carcinoma, with most cases occurring in women between the ages 45-56.  Does this mean I am younger than 78? Ha! Ha! This is from the Internet..and is the
type of cancer I have.  Pet Scan...when read by my Onocolgist (2) will interrup the scans and tests and treatment will be presented to me. Lobular Carcinoma in situ
Normal breast with lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) in an enlarged cross–section of the lobule.
This is not my breast..my lobular runs across the top where you see the yellow color.
It started with the pink area..that rose to the top!  Of course we must go to  medical
school to interpret all of this..till then we have this simulated photo.Hugs ..Phyllis
www.women70andover.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment