Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/8/12..Bill was HOME! FOR..1 1/2 hours=lunch

We sat down for lunch in the dining room at the rehab center.  I looked at Bill and said, "How would you like to go home for lunch and watch the film, FORK over KNIFE"?  SURE! he replied!..I was so
encouraged! I had just picked Bill up from therapy and they had just taught him how to use the walker to  get in and out of the front seat of our car.  I ran to the nurse's station and got permission and then permission from therapy..I pulled the car up under the canopy ..then went back in to get him and wheel him to the car..and got the walker out of the trunk..and he was able to go through the hard maneuver of getting in the car.  I got his large red heart pillow that he must hold to his chest..for when he coughs, ect.and off we went.  Got home..found the fold up wheel-chair in his closet..got him into the house.  Quickly put the veggie no salt soup on a friend had brought me...made a fruit salad and thin toasted bagel slice, (wheat!)..and set him up with a special tray..and he watched the film and learned alot..ate and I  whisk him back to the rehab center for a nap before his four 4 p.m. physical therapy..he was tired and I was tired too!  What a rush...we both made possible..NO! we do not want to do that again,.for a
long while..it was a happy effort! MORRISA..THANKS FOR THE SOUP IT WAS GREAT! hugs, phyllis    www.women70andover.com

No comments:

Post a Comment